Rising call volumes in our growing communities, along with many volunteers finding employment outside the town of Phillipsburg, the Borough of Alpha and Pohatcong Township have made it increasingly difficult to maintain the quality of emergency services you have come to expect from PES. In order to maintain prompt and dependable service during the daytime, we are now employing a daytime staff of certified EMT-B’s who are on call and will respond quickly to any emergency situation.
If you are interested in applying for one of our Part Time or Per-Diem positions, and meet the requirements listed below, please fill out the application below.
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Drivers License (acceptable record) with 3 years driving experience
- Current NJ accepted EMT-B certification – minimum 1 year field experience
- Professional Rescuer CPR
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Current CEVO II or EVOC
- HAZMAT Awareness/CBRNE Awareness/Chemical Safety (HAZCOM) (online NJLearn)
- Development Disabilities (online NJLearn)
- ICS 100/200, NIMS 700
- PHTLS /ITLS
- Other certifications as required
Job Responsibilities of an EMT:
EMT-B’s will be responsible for managing emergency response and providing basic life support and emergency care to citizens and visitors to our response areas and to mutual aid areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be proficient and confident to handle all calls
- Must be able to determine nature and extent of call or injury and establish priorities for emergency care
- Must be able to administer emergency care – such as opening an airway, performing CPR, providing oxygen, manage bleeding, treat for shock, immobilize suspected fractures, etc
- Drive the ambulance safely and park in safe location.
- Obtain all information necessary about patient – medications, allergies, etc
- Must be able to work professionally with patient, family members and other agencies – police, fire, hospital personnel, ALS personnel, bystanders
- Ambulance checks at beginning of each shift
- Check, restock, inventory, clean ambulances and other squad vehicles
- Maintain clean building – such as taking out the trash, sweep/mop floors, etc.
Physical Responsibilities of an EMT:
- Lifting and Carrying
All applicants are subject to a full background check, including drug and medical testing.
Please send completed applications and resume to:
Fax OR mail to:
Phillipsburg Emergency Squad
PO Box 215
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
Fax: (908) 859- 2655
Please direct any questions via email address above or leave a message for us at (908) 859-5218.